Saturday, May 29, 2010

Saturday and the WAC

It's Rumble In The Bay basketball tournament time so posting will be light to non-existent for the next few days.

+++++

This was enviously good: after TooSmall4Football posted Jeff Goodman's update on Brady Heslip at the Scout Boise State Taco Bell Arena basketball message board, MeridianBronco, in a stroke of utter genius, replied with this from "Dumb and Dumber": (the film, not the GOP presidential pairing of McCain and Palin) --

Lloyd: What do you think the chances are of a guy like you and a girl like me... ending up together?
Mary: Well, Lloyd, that's difficult to say. I mean, we don't really...
Lloyd: Hit me with it! Just give it to me straight! I came a long way just to see you, Mary. The least you can do is level with me. What are my chances?
Mary: Not good.
Lloyd: You mean, not good like one out of a hundred?
Mary: I'd say more like one out of a million.
[pause]
Lloyd: So you're telling me there's a chance... *YEAH!*
+++++

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

While we are always impressed (as you no doubt are yourself) with your cleverness, please do us all a huge favor and keep politics off your blog. Otherwise, your fine sports blog will turn into an ugly little place for two bit pol junkies to insult one another and those of us who want information about the WAC.

Kevin McCarthy said...

To mix sports metaphors, it was just too fat of a semi-fastball to pass up. Plus, it was just 10 little words.

Your advice is duly noted -- we knew someone would be upset over mention of Mr. What Past Position That I Held Am I Going Against Today and The Grifter From Wasilla.

PTW now has a warning label: read at your own risk. Some may need permission from their (spin) doctor.

Anonymous said...

"we knew someone would be upset over mention of Mr. What Past Position That I Held Am I Going Against Today and The Grifter From Wasilla."

And I'm sure someone else will be equally upset with the mention of The Anointed One and His profuse apologies to the world for the wicked nation that was America before He blessed you and me with His regal presence, and instigated the Righteous Crusade to overturn our greed and shameful ways and utter preoccupation with ourselves at the expense of the downtrodden and less fortunate.

Sorry...only 75 or so little words.

Kevin McCarthy said...

Dude (or I should type Anonymous Dude), are you really a Wall Street banker?