Monday, July 18, 2011

Does Hawaii have a(nother) new recruit?

Bob (aka Mslacat) Robinson, who covers college athletics in Montana and the Big Sky Conference like no other, sent this along:

"Just heard a rumor that Victor Bermudez, a 6-3 shooting guard, has signed with Hawaii. I checked out his Facebook page and according to a post last Thursday (July 14th) he seems to confirm this.

I did a write up on Bermudez a while back here with some info.  I know the Bobcats were interested in him but I do not know if it was for a walk-on or scholarship. In any case, the Bobcats went mostly with JC guards this year and they did not offer him.  Last I heard he was looking to play with the Southern Idaho JC next year before the Hawaii offer. I was a little taken back by this signing but I think I did hear that Hawaii did lose a couple JC signing this year so this might explain it. He will be the third senior player off his 2010 Cheyenne HS (Nevada) team to sign with a D-1 school -- another is playing for a D-2 and a fifth I believe will be playing for a JC next year."

No comments: