Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Keith Richard to join Trent Johnson at LSU

Former LA TECH Coach Keith Richard will soon be joining up with the newly-hired LSU Coach Trent Johnson in Baton Rouge. The background: Trent Johnson is friends with USC's Tim Floyd who has strong ties to Louisiana basketball and was the first choice of the powers-that-be at LSU. Floyd is also friends with Richard. Plus, as the article details, Jophnson and Floyd have some familiarity.

<span style="font-weight:bold;">New LSU coach wants to talk to former Tech coach
Shreveport Times
April 10, 2008


New LSU basketball coach Trent Johnson says he wants to talk to former Louisiana Tech coach Keith Richard about a spot on his staff.

"Right now, there is one gentleman I definitely want to have on board,'' Johnson said during his news conference today. "And that's Keith Richard. The ex-coach at La. Tech who I competed against when I was at Nevada and I want to talk to everybody on the staff now and a couple of guys I want to talk to that will work for me.

"I have not set in stone other than I really want to pursue Keith Richard at this point. I want to take my time."

No comments: