Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Jason Groves with the background on Da'Shawn Gomez

Jason Groves/Las Cruces Sun-News provides us with the information on newly signed Aggie Da'Shawn Gomez and his recruiting.

California point guard looks forward to becoming an Aggie
Jason Groves
Las Cruces Sun-News
5/19/2009


LAS CRUCES — Da'Shawn Gomez had official visits scheduled at Virginia Tech and Texas Christian University.

"I canceled them because I knew I was going to sign with New Mexico State," said Gomez, a 6-foot-1 guard out of Inglewood High School who signed a National Letter of Intent with the NMSU men's basketball team last week.

Gomez said he also had an offer from Southern Methodist University.

"I dealt with New Mexico State, TCU and SMU pretty closely, but when Da'Shawn took his first visit to New Mexico State, he was blown away," Inglewood coach Patrick Roy said. "I've known (Aggie head coach Marvin Menzies) for 20 years so I knew he was a good guy and it would be a great fit..."
Go here for the remainder.

No comments: