Monday, December 24, 2007

Washington's Adrian Oliver to San Jose State

Stop the presses, this is big -- Adrian Oliver is transferring to SJSU.

Hey, are you sure it isn't December 25 today?

Well, we've double and triple-checked our 2007 calendar and Christmas is still a day away but Coach George Nessman and his staff, the San Jose State University basketball team and all SJSU hoop fans just got the very best of holiday presents.

Read on courtesy of A.W. Prince, the elite Bay Area basketball guru, who ALWAYS has the details.

A.W. Prince
BearTerritory.net
December 22, 2007


Adrian Oliver was one of the most heavily recruited basketball prospects in the 2006 class, with offers from Kentucky, Cal, and Washington among the many suitors. After starring at Modesto (Calif.) Christian high school, which included two California Div. 5 Player of the Year honors plus one state championship, Oliver selected Washington. However, after a year in Seattle, Oliver is headed back to the Bay.

After looking at a number of transfer options, including the Pac-10 and the WCC, Oliver selected San Jose State. He’s close with a number of players on the Spartan roster, having teamed with nearly a quarter of his future teammates as part of Oakland Soldiers AAU team.

“It is a perfect situation for me,” Oliver said.

“The first thing I noticed about San Jose State and the entire program is the togetherness they have as a group. I was certainly looking for that – that was one of the top things that I wanted to find. Just watching the team practice, and then play, I want to step in to something like that.”

“The second thing is Coach (George) Nessman. I have full trust in him. I love the way he coaches, and I believe he can help me develop to my fullest...”

Go here for the complete article.

No comments: