Thursday, October 8, 2009

Chris Murray reports on the "media got game" battle

Little does Chris Murray know that the entire contest was surreptitiously filmed by the Nevada coaching staff and that any future articles in the Gazette-Journal that aren't "correctly" written will result in anonymous and incriminating videos appearing on You Tube.

MVP goal just part of the Madness
Chris Murray
Reno Gazette-Journal
October 6, 2009

I hit the gym four or five times this summer with one goal in mind: to win the Most Valuable Player award at this year's Wolf Pack basket-ball media practice.
Advertisement

The second annual practice, dubbed Media Madness, was Wednesday afternoon at Lawlor Events Center.

When I arrived at the arena, I was given my gray T-shirt jersey. I received No. 22, the same number donned by the program's all-time scoring leader Nick Fazekas. I took that as a positive sign...
Go here for the remainder.

Now if we were writing the piece, it would have to begin with "I hit the gym four or five times this summer and quickly found a seat in the bleachers large enough to fit into and began feasting on the various food items purchased from McEnormous while the court was filled with youthful players working to get better..."

No comments: