Friday, October 2, 2009

Paul Garnica heads to Northern Colorado

Paul Garnica photo courtesy of Texas Basketball Inc.

Paul Garnica tripped earlier to Logan but has decided to cast his lot with Northern Colorado of the Big Sky Conference. Longtime Texas basketball figure Max Ivany has this on his web site:
Paul Garnica To Northern Colorado
Texas Basketball Inc.

October 1, 2009


I received a call at lunch time today from 2010 PG Paul Garnica of San Antonio Lee & the Texas D-1 Ambassadors. "Coach, I wanted you to be the first to know that I have just committed to the University of Northern Colorado in the Big Sky Conference."
Garnica has had a healthy recruitment this fall with school visits from UT-Arlington, Stephen F Austin and others. If you'd asked me three weeks ago I would have said he's going to Utah State. He had a nice visit to their campus earlier in the month. When I asked Paul what the deciding factors were he said, "Coach it just felt right...like Family. The coaches were great, and the players were cool. I especially liked their big man when we ran in open gym. The business school is what I wanted in an education and the campus and dorms are awesome."
Go here for the remainder.

Here is an ESPN evaluation of Garnica.

No comments: