Saturday, October 31, 2009

Utah State doesn't look good on this one

Credit Victoria Sun for uncovering this -- it's an article at West Coast Hoops Report (registration required but it's free to access content) on Utah State's recruitment of southern California backcourter Vaughn Autry.

Here's a snippet -- after USU offered and the plan was for Autry to visit the campus the weekend of an Aggie football game, the relationship went south:

"I kind of realized before it happened because they stopped e-mailing me and I called just to check periodically, like once a week and they didn't answer my phone calls or call me back," said Vaughn, who was named to the all-C.I.F. and the Daily Breeze's all-area team as a junior. "From there, my dad handled it."

After numerous attempts, Steve said he finally reached one of the assistant coaches, who infuriated him further by saying he never offered Vaughn a scholarship.

"I said, you're a liar," Steve recalled. "Just tell me you had other plans...
Go the the site, register and then click on Latest News to access the Autry article headline and click on it.

No comments: