Sunday, December 5, 2010

An informative Adrian Oliver feature

Here's the Spartan Daily, the San Jose State University student newspaper, with a solid Adrian Oliver feature:

SJSU’s Adrian Oliver looks to a bright 2011 basketball season while staying focused on family
Joseph Akeley
Spartan Daily
November 16, 2010


When Adrian Oliver was told in 2007 that his grandparents were ill, he knew he had to transfer from the University of Washington to a Bay Area school to support them.

“Up in Seattle, I was like ‘I don’t care about basketball anymore. I just want to be with my family. That’s the only thing that matters,’” the SJSU basketball star said.

Oliver said his grandparents were instrumental in raising him after his father left the family when he was 7 years old.

“My mom would have to work nights, and I would have to go to my grandparents house and they would take care of me at night,” he said. “My grandma is like my second mom, and my grandfather is my father. I don’t call him grandpa, I call him Dad. They mean everything to me...”
Go here for the remainder.

No comments: