Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A Fresno State recruiting target

Riffing off an old BobD song, it doesn't take a weatherman to know that Fresno State is still looking for a top point and here's a kid Steve Cleveland has offered (as have many others):

Blue Zertuche
TexasHoops.com


5-foot-11 point guard, Javarez Willis will have a crowd of recruiters attending pre-season workouts at Pinkston high school this fall. Willis inched his way up the rankings after having a red hot April, and he quickly became a target for many college programs. Willis showed how he could frustrate his opponents with his outside stroke and how deadly he is when he gets the hot hand...

..."My offense was always there for me, but I realized that defense is where I was going to stick out in front of the recruiters. I will play the point in college and playing defense and making good decisions is how I will get to play. And proving I can do it against some of the best was a huge plus..."

..."He has offers from North Texas, Southern Miss, Wichita State, TCU, Colorado State, SMU, South Alabama, Houston, Oral Roberts, Fresno State, UTA, and Louisiana Monroe..."

Go here for the remainder -- a Rivals subscription is required.

No comments: