Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A little more on one of Fresno State's late recruits

You just never know when your proverbial ship will come sailing in and one of Fresno State's late signees is the poster player illustrating this:

Second-chance points score big
Open gym saves careers of local basketball players
Quwan Spears
Sacramento Bee
August 13, 2008


Before he had hope, before he had confidence and before that glorious day in Fresno, Brian Seals thought he would never play basketball again.

"Seriously, I planned to quit," he said. "Even though I loved the game, I didn't see a way how I could continue playing in college. I was ready to find a job, take a few classes here and there, get a degree and then get a real job."

Seals now has a scholarship to play at Fresno State. The 6-foot-7, 210-pound small forward accomplished the goal working out with former and current college players at Hiram Johnson High School this summer....

Go here for the remainder.

No comments: