Friday, October 31, 2008

You can call him Ray...

We're showing our age here but every time we hear the name Ray, well, let's just say a salute goes out to Bill Saluga for his very funny schtick from the 1970s: "...You can call me Ray, or you can call me Jay, or you can call me Johnny or you can call me Sonny, or you can call me RayJay, or you can call me RJ..."

Anyway, enough with our musings. The young man featured here already has a nickname and it's not Kraemer or, heaven forbid, Cosmo.

Spotlight on Ray Kraemer
Chris Murray
Reno Gazette-Journal
10/31/2008


‘Pizza Man’ Kraemer looking to deliver defense, outside shooting

Before a practice last week, Nevada coach Mark Fox pulled Ray Kraemer aside to deliver a message.

“You’re a much better player today than you were one year ago,” Fox told Kraemer.

Last season, the 6-foot-4, 200-pound Kraemer made the sometimes rough transition from the junior-college ranks to the Division I level.

Like most JC transfers, it took some time for Kraemer to adjust to the speed of the game, but he eventually became comfortable...

Go here for the remainder.

1 comment:

Patrick H said...

we prefer "Round Table Ray" no matter how hard the newspaper pushes for "pizza man".