Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A note on Holton Hunsaker

Just about everyone thought Holton Hunsaker would arrive in Ruston after completing his LDS mission. He had signed on with LA TECH out of high school but choose to fulfill his requirement first.

PTW just came across this in an article on Utah Valley hoops

"...His son Holton Hunsaker, is competing for the starting job. He signed to play at Louisiana Tech, but after serving an LDS church mission, he didn't want to leave his family for another four years and with UVU having a need at point guard, the fit was made.

"Holton is a true throw back point guard, (more of a passing point guard)," Dick Hunsaker said. "I've never coached my son. This was never by design, but it's something I take very seriously. I want it to be a good experience for everyone involved. I will do my best to coach him and the other 12 players..."

No comments: