Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A Greg Allen story


We did a brief update on Eureka High's Greg Allen at the NorCalPreps site but it requires a Rivals subscription to access it. Allen had committed to Idaho but changed his mind in early November.

But here's the primary content:

"I felt rushed to commit," Allen said. "It's not about Idaho, it's that I wanted to wait until later and see what was available. Idaho is still in my choices because it's a great school with great people and I think I could help them win but I want to wait my options out."

As of mid-December this season, the 6-foot-2 senior was averaging 26.8 points a game as well 7.3 boards, 4.8 assists and 2.7 steals each time out. He put up 40 points along with totaling 10 assists in a recent tournament consolation game.

"I'm looking for a good team that I can make better," Allen said. "It doesn't matter to me where the school is located. It wouldn't matter to me what position I play in college. It's whatever helps the team the best. I see myself as a great shooter and leader."

No comments: