Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Texas prepster with a Utah State mention

Here's a Texas senior that includes a mention of Utah State interest:

Damon Sayles
TexasHoops.com Senior Writer
June 30, 2009


San Antonio Lee guard Paul Garnica remembers the negative comments he used to receive as a freshman. He was told he needed to check his attitude if he wanted to be considered a great basketball player.

"I was young. I've matured over the years, and I'm listening to my coaches," said Garnica, now a 5-foot-11, 160-pound incoming senior. "I used to talk a lot. Now, I don't have to talk as much. I just let my game speak for itself."

Garnica focused on keeping his emotions at bay as a sophomore, even more so as a junior. As he prepares for his final high school year, Garnica's attitude has taken a back seat to his sharpshooting resume. Those same people once looking for Garnica to blow up in a game are now mesmerized by his remarkable ability to put the ball into the basket...
Go here for the remainder and a Rivals sub is required.

Long Island has offered the kid. Weber State is also mentioned as checking him out.

No comments: