Saturday, November 1, 2008

Nick Jezierny checks in with BSU player profile

It's good to see Nick Jezierny offering some Boise State basketball coverage as he does an outstanding job with Bronco basketball. Here's a player profile on a kid who is unknown to most but may be Greg Graham's most productive player in 2008-2009 and yes, we do know one Anthony Thomas resides in Boise.

After a year of waiting, Okoye gets his chance to shine for BSU men
Nick Jezierny
Idaho Statesman
11/01/08


Ike Okoye wants all of the Boise State men's basketball fans to know that he's not Matt Nelson.

Sure, there are similarities between Okoye and Nelson, who was one of four seniors last year who led the Broncos to their best season in school history with 25 wins, a WAC championship and a berth in the NCAA Tournament.

Like Nelson, Okoye transferred to BSU from a Division I program (Wyoming) and sat out a season.

"I don't compare myself to Nelly," Okoye said. "Nelly is Nelly and I am who I am. We both were D-I transfers who came in here and sat out a year. He got better in his year off and I did too. Hopefully I can step in like he did."

Okoye will see his first action as a Bronco at 3:15 p.m. Saturday when BSU plays its first exhibition game against Canadian school Guelph at Taco Bell Arena...

Go here for the remainder.

No comments: