Sunday, December 21, 2008

Paul Campbell receives some ink

Most of us aren't very familiar with Hawaii's Paul Campbell. This will rectify that:

UH can count on Campbell
Junior center playing with confidence after nearly leaving school
Dayton Morinaga
Honolulu Advertiser
December 21, 2008


Paul Campbell is not home for the holidays, and that's a good thing for the University of Hawai'i men's basketball team.

Three weeks ago, Campbell contemplated leaving the Rainbow Warriors so he could return home to Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

This week, Campbell is battling for a starting position.

"I'm just playing with a lot more confidence," said Campbell, a 6-foot-10 junior center. "The first couple of games, my head wasn't into it. I wasn't getting playing time and I wasn't sure what my role with the team was. I thought about (leaving) for a little bit."

Before the team's road trip to Illinois, Campbell said he had long talks with Hawai'i head coach Bob Nash and assistant coach Larry Farmer.

They convinced him to stay...

Go here for the remainder.

No comments: