Monday, December 28, 2009

Lazeric Jones: "Nevada was in the mix..."

'What ifs' can inundate us in our daily lives(if we let them) as well as with the sports teams we follow. Ultimately, they make no difference but we still think one item in particular is worth noting. Recent UCLA commit Lazeric Jones, a junior college point, apparently came close to going with Nevada. What hurts is when is the last time the Bruins signed a community college basketball player, let alone desperately needed one to fill a glaring hole? Oh well.

"...Ultimately, Jones picked the Bruins over Nevada and Wisconsin, but his visit to Westwood - and his chance to meet the players - sealed the deal.

"Nevada was in the mix, Wisconsin, too, but this trip really pushed me over the top," Jones said. "I see how they've been with other players. They have a winning tradition, and that's great. I consider myself a winner, and I want to be a winner with them..."
Go here for the entire post by Jon Gold.

No comments: