Sunday, October 19, 2008

More from Chris Murray on the Nevada 'situation'

Chris Murray adds more in his blog entry today about the Nevada player suspensions:

You shouldn't demonize suspended Pack players
Chris Murray
Reno Gazette-Journal
10/19/2008


I noticed that the update on the suspended Wolf Pack basketball players I wrote for Saturday's paper wasn't posted on our Web site (techinical difficulties, I would guess), so I thought I would post it here.

Fox gathering information on suspended players

The Nevada basketball team took the floor for its first official practice of the season Friday night without three players who were suspended Thursday afternoon.

Nevada coach Mark Fox said there is no timetable for the potential punishment for junior Brandon Fields and freshmen Ahyaro Phillips and London Giles — all cited for petty larceny Wednesday.

"I've been dealing with the situation, I don't have all the information yet," Fox said Friday. "I've been working to get all the information. We'll not do anything until I know all of the facts and the entire story.

"I will say that even good kids and good people do bad things or dumb things. I don't have the whole story, so I'm not going to take a stance until I do. But I think our fans, I think our university family trusts that I'll act appropriately when I do get the information I need..."

Go here for the remainder (and it gets even more interesting).

No comments: